Saturday, June 13, 2009

Books and Authors

It seems like there is always a bone to pick with any author whom writes one sides view of a heavily debated subject. Which is understandable to some degree as anyone whom holds an opposing view is going to with to correct that person. Ofcourse there are some people whom are not so great at showing why they believe the author is wrong and there surely are authors whom are not the best at proving their point. I for one have read of those whom I have agreed with what they are trying to prove but I think their methods of proof are far from adequate.

Yes, there are many topics that are very difficult to write on as their is no 'black and white' answer. It just seems though that with many writers I have read there is a serious lack of effort in their book or whatever it may be. Maybe they didn't do enough research, or check their logic, or think to respond to possible holes in their arguement.

Though I think what is worse, is someone critiquing a decent author, and that critic has no ground what so ever to refute anything and basically tosses straw man after strawman all over the place.

I can not surely write at the quality that I would hope for though something isn't right if I'm reading something and smacking my head in disbelief for what ever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment